The BAC serves as a President’s Advisory Committee and as a Senate Consultation Committee, and is advisory to the Institutional Planning Committee (IPC) on fiscal matters pertaining to the college planning process. It has the responsibility for coordinating budget planning in a manner that assists the institution in maximizing its fiscal resources in the pursuit of the college mission. The BAC will provide information and advice to the (IPC) throughout the Program and Resources Planning Process (PRPP), both as guidance for units as they conduct program review, and for IPC as it reviews the recommendations going forward to the President and Vice Presidents for cross-component coordination. BAC will take a leadership role in educating the college community about the State budget and how it affects the college’s budget. BAC’s representative membership also provides the means for communication across campus constituencies regarding budget issues.
The Committee will:
- Establish an annual budget planning calendar.
- Review State budget actions by the Governor, Legislature, and the State agencies, and propose, when appropriate, institutional positions on funding issues for consideration by the IPC and the President to convey to the State during annual budget development.
- Recommend institutional fiscal priorities within funding parameters.
- Inform the college community on overall budget matters, including the identification of key indicator of the college’s economic health.
- Evaluate the fiscal impact of proposed institutional plans and other policy-level actions, at the request of the President or the IPC.
- Identify patterns of change in the college-operating environment that may have a significant impact on college budget planning or fiscal operations.
- Identify potential areas for analysis on cost savings or effective use of resources.
- Participate in the design and implementation of plans for acquiring additional college resources.