The District Access Committee is established to:
1. Assist the District in interpretation of and compliance with Section 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title IX, and other laws and regulations pertaining to access to facilities, services, and programs.
2. Identify and recommend to the District the removal of any architectural, equipment, and/or program barriers that would impede access to any of the District’s facilities, services, or programs.
3. Develop and recommend District policies and procedures to ensure the prevention of future architectural, equipment and/or program barriers
4. Conduct regular assessments of access to District facilities, programs and technology for the ADA and Section 508 Transition Plans and compliance with other laws and regulations.
5. Review and monitor progress toward the removal of identified barriers.
6. Assist Environmental Health & Safety with District-wide emergency management planning for persons with disabilities, and recommend regular trainings for. District employees.
7. Promote the knowledge and understanding of access.