1. Organizes the Professional Development Activity Day Program for all employees;
2. Encourages thorough discussions among all District employees regarding staff development needs;
3. Sets staff development goals, both immediate and long range;
4. Collaborates with other committees on Staff Development matters;
5. Oversees the flexible calendar program (the “Flex Program”) for the District;
6. When funding is available, reviews staff development projects/funding applications (AB1725 restricted funds for staff development);
7. Responds to training needs for critical College Initiatives.